City College News is looking for our next Editor-in-chief for Spring 2015. If you are interested, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can also visit our Contact page and send your files from there. The deadline to apply is Dec. 11.
The responsibilities of the Editor-in-chief include:
(Taken from the City College News Policy Manual)
1. The Editor-in-chief is responsible and answerable of the news and editorial content of City College News. He/she is expected to exercise his/her best judgement in this respect.
2. When a factual misstatement of any consequence is published, the Editor-in-chief shall see that a correction is published immediately in an equally prominent position in the paper as the original mistake.
3. The Editor-in-chief represents City College News both on and off campus.
4. The Editor-in-chief judges placement of news stories and directly or indirectly coordinates special assignments.
5. The Editor-in-chief is responsible for hiring and dismissing subordinate editors.
6. The Editor-in-chief presides over the Editorial Board and can appoint the Managing or Opinion editors as chairperson of the board.
7. Oversees the story inventory and story assignment.
8. Responsible for City College News’ Policy Manual.
Note: You do not currently have to be the City College News staff to apply for this position.