Celebrate cultures during “One World Week”

As one of the most diverse campuses in the Twin Cities, we have many different cultures that are worth celebrating. Please join us for a week of festivities, March 4-8, that will highlight all of these cultures through a variety of activities. We will kick off the week with a day of dancing, music, spoken word and art that will carry over into the week with discussions on global issues and their effects on culture.

There will be a day that will highlight the new emphasis degrees available at MCTC, discussions on the benefits of learning a foreign language and their place in our growing global economy. There will be times available to meet with Academic Advisors to help integrate these opportunities into your class schedules and a Transfer Fair to learn what it takes to continue your education beyond MCTC.

We will have a fun evening of movies and food as well, with two showings of the film Ratatouille. We will wrap up the week with International Women’s Day and a discussion about women’s influence on culture and the disparages they still face today. If you would like to become involved please see Tara Martinez in H.2900, near the Student Life desk, and more information will soon follow!