The Goldmine Game Recap: Green Bay vs. New Orleans

By Samuel Goldman
Sports Blogger

On Sunday night, superstar quarterback Aaron Rodgers led his explosive offense into the deafening Super Dome. The lopsided quarterback duel resembled a substitute teacher’s lesson plan. New Orleans is a Super Bowl contender after last night’s impressive road victory. The 2014-2015 Saints remind me of the 2013-2014 Seattle Seahawks.

Undersized quarterback Russell Wilson guided Seattle to a championship last season. Saints quarterback Drew Brees is only 6′ 0″. The Seahawks utilized their loud stadium to produce a 7-1 home record last season. New Orleans plays in arguable the closest equivalent. I have noticed that both teams prefer unique innovative play calling on both sides of the ball.

The Saints struggled to meet their high expectations throughout the initial part of this season. Sunday’s impressive win increased their record to a mediocre 3-4. The saints are now division favorites because the NFC South resembles a group of bickering politicians. I felt that New Orleans was a statement game away from becoming division favorites. No one wants to face their high-powered offense aided by Microsoft Surface Tablets, or their innovative defense aided by Rob Ryan’s beard on the road in the playoffs. If the Super Bowl contender’s want to keep their momentum flowing they need to take out division rival Carolina this week.

Veteran superstar quarterback Rodgers entered Sunday night’s game with arguably the hottest arm in the league. Rodgers left the game colder than cool hand Luke. Packers running back Eddie Lacey channeled his inner Matt Forte, producing a performance that only benefits fantasy owners. I watched with glee as the Packers defense was sliced and diced like Swiss cheese.