Welcome MCTC students

“If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.”

This Chinese proverb, reminded me, once more, of the unrepeatable importance of education.

My dear fellow students, welcome to MCTC!

This is the place where we learn, the place where we build careers and the place where we make decisions and become leaders. MCTC is the place where we grow. Higher education is the key that opens every door and builds inside each of us virtuous civic character. Higher education is what produces qualified, educated people, and it is only qualified people who can make the change in the economy, country and world.

Today, as Vice President, I am happy to see that the many students returning back to school, and I am excited to see first-time college students taking their first step toward higher education.

As Vice President, it is my duty and my honor to work with every student and help each of you grow as a leader. Student Senators are the voice of students, and Student Senate represents the students in at the college, state and national levels.

Wishing you all, again, a happy academic year, I encourage you to take part in the Senate, make your voice heard and become a leader!