Student Success Day Boasts Eclectic Schedule

There are no classes on Tuesday, November 12th, but there will be plenty of bustle on campus. MCTC’s annual “Student Success Days” will present a host of activities for students (and prospective students) to engage in. Approximately fifty workshops are scheduled throughout the day focusing on continuing education, student resources, and campus clubs.

Staff member Tara Martinez believes that students who attend will leave with a better understanding of the support available to them

“It’s such an important opportunity for students… to be able to hone their skills related to academic success,” said Martinez.

The event schedule also suggests there will be a strong emphasis on career development. At 12pm, look for a demonstration of “Wanted Analytics”, a real-time database of job postings. From 2-4pm, the PHDI program will be offering free photo shoots for Linked In profiles.

Broader topics will include global economics with “China, the Future , and You”, a lecture by  faculty member Paul Fendos, and self-improvement with “Five Psychological Keys to Student Success” with Troy Dvorak.

After 5pm, the focus will turn to prospective students who are looking at the academic opportunities MCTC has to offer.