Connections Fair showcases Student Life clubs

By Trevor Squire/[email protected]
News Editor

Student Life held its Connections Fair on the skyway level of the T Building earlier this month. The Connections Fair is where the Student Clubs and organizations set up tables and meet with anyone who might have an interest in what they have to offer.

“It is our goal to put students in contact with other students and clubs they might be interested in.” Student Life Director Tara Martinez said.

To this end, the day was successful. Every table had a list where interested students filled in their contact information, and most of these lists were almost full.

Student Life at MCTC is very expansive and inclusive. There are over 40 clubs and organizations on campus. There is something for everyone. There is the Art Club, Choir Club and WANDA for the creative types.  There is Hapkido, intramural basketball and softball tournaments for the athletic types.  Student Senate, Students Against Hunger and Homelessness, and FOC for the politically-minded activist types.  As well as all kinds of identity clubs like UNITE, PRIDE, Xicanos Latinos Unidos, Asian Student Association, and Muslim Student Association.

College is partly about the education, but is also about developing into the person that you are meant to be.  That means finding out what you are passionate about, finding people who share your passions and working together.  Campus clubs are incredibly influential. You never know who you are going to meet either, it may be your best friend or the person you spend your life with.

The Connections Fair happens every semester.  If you missed this one and don’t feel compelled to seek out the information on your own, there will be another one next semester.