Tuition Round Table allows students to speak on planned tuition increase

Student Senate President Elena Williams invited Minneapolis College students to attend a tuition round table event to discuss the planned tuition increase for the Fall 2021- Spring 2022 school year.

Williams wrote, “Each year, the President and Vice President of Finance consult with student leaders regarding tuition for the upcoming year. The planned increase for the upcoming year, Fall 2021-Spring 2022 is roughly 2.4%. It will impact these fees on your tuition receipt: Base Tuition, Technology Fee and Student Center Fee. The Base Tuition fee for Online courses will not increase, only for general classes and aviation and cinema programs.

Part of the consultation process is the submission of a letter by the Student Senate President, acknowledging the process and even expressing opinion. It is important to us as a Student Senate to gather as much student input as possible about what these increases could mean and how students feel about them. Please join us for this one hour informational event.”

Registration is required for this event. Please list questions that you have about this process in the “Comments/Notes” section of the registration, this will help streamline the Question and Answer time.

Register in advance for this meeting on Tuesday, May 4th from 3:30pm – 4:30pm:
https://minnstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUqduuopjopE9Ai_csXlwc5qk_kT1OdVwlO

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.